Login to Complete an Application or to Access Judging Panel
Funding Rounds and Application Windows:
|Summer Sea Term
|09 February - 24 March
|Fall (funding for the coming academic year)
|01 June - 01 August
|Winter Sea Term
|01 October - 15 November
*Emergency applications will be considered at any time during the year but a cover letter must be attached explaining in detail the nature of the emergency.
- Financial need must be demonstrated
- Applicants must enroll in a course of study that includes the USCG license program at one of the five State Maritime Academies (California, Maine, Mass, New York, or Texas); non-license courses of study are not eligible.
- Applicants should demonstrate exceptional personal drive and desire to succeed not just in academics but through other extracurricular activities. This could include, sports, community activities, jobs, clubs, or other activities.
- While academic achievement is important, ideal candidates will also possess excellent interpersonal skills and emotional intelligence.
- Blue Water Scholarship Fund may hold additional interviews in person or over the phone to help determine applicant suitability.
- All applicants must be US citizens and provide proof thereof
However, Blue Water Scholarship Fund reserves the right to waive any of these requirements at their sole discretion in consideration of extenuating circumstances.
Scholarships will be awarded on a one-time basis with renewals considered for succeeding years based on academic and personal achievement of the applicant in the preceding period since the last application.
Previous BWSF awards do not guarantee future awards. All scholarships are awarded solely at the discretion of Blue Water Scholarship Fund with no guarantee of award to any applicant given or implied.
If you experience any issue with the online application system or require more information please contact us at email@example.com